Sunday, October 12, 2014

Poetry: My Second Date With God

It is my second date
with God.


We both had forgotten
about our first date
so were pretty
excited, thinking
about a first date
between two strangers
though we both realized later
that we both were mistaken.

I had, though, thought about 
God many a times during
my life, after
I gained my senses.

I had talked to God
many a times,
imaging,
imagining,
in a virtual space.

Most of the time it had
been difficult to differentiate
whether it was a talk within
me 
or with someone outside, living
in another world.

The moment we met,
taking it as a first date,
but in actual a second date,
we both realized we had a 
date before,
but had forgotten
each other's faces
and the time.

The first date was before
God dispatched me to Earth
after stamping me with my
date of production,
and now the second date is
when i have reached to my
expiry date and can no longer
stay here, as nobody needs me
here now.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment